Prime Ski Training 202:
Total Preparation for Maximum Performance
Jim Taylor, Ph.D.
6-class Mental Training Course
On-Demand & Self-Paced
Rave Reviews from Prime Ski Racing 101
"Awesome!!!! Well executed, sincere, and a whole pile of wisdom."
"Extremely beneficial; ski racing should not be without it! Expert advice delivered with passion...Success is found within this course. It breaks down those doors that hold back many athletes."
From post-course survey:
"Definitely" recommend Prime Ski Racing 101 to others: 93%
Rated "outstanding" for overall course, content, and style: 90%
Training is the Foundation of Ski Racing Success
You spend a lot of time on your physical conditioning and technical development. The effort, focus, and intensity you put into your training determines how much and how quickly you improve.
Are you getting the most out of your off-snow and on-snow training efforts?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are improving as fully and quickly as you would like?
- Do you get the most out of your training?
- Are your efforts consistent with your goals?
- Do you engage in quality training from start to finish of every training run and every training session?
If you answered ‘NO!’ to these questions (or just want to make your training better than it already is), then I can help.
Prime Ski Training 202
Based on my own international ski racing experience and decades of working with the world's best racers, Prime Ski Training 202 helps you improve the quality of your training in four ways:
- Have a healthy perspective that keeps you motivated through the inevitable ups and downs of training.
- Use mental training in your off-snow training.
- Maximize your on-snow training.
- Transfer your training gains to fast skiing in races.
You'll also learn to use important mental tools to maximize the benefits of your training:
- Incorporate mental training into your conditioning efforts.
- Get more out of your video sessions.
- Experiment and get out of your comfort zone.
- Use focus, intensity, imagery, routines, breathing, and mindsets to raise the quality of your training.
- Cope effectively with adversity and frustration.
- Acquire the skill of going fast.
- Train like you race so you can race like you train.
About Dr. Jim Taylor
Considered the world’s leading authority on the psychology of ski racing, Dr. Jim Taylor has worked with Olympic, World Cup collegiate, and junior-elite racers around the world. He has consulted with most of the leading junior race programs in the U.S. The author of Prime Ski Racing: Triumph of the Racer’s Mind, . Jim is a former internationally ranked alpine ski racer who competed for Burke Mountain Academy, Middlebury College, and the University of Colorado.
"My Prime Ski Training 6-class online course will teach you useful information and practical tools you can use to raise the quality of your off-snow and on-snow training and to be more prepared than ever to ski your fastest when it matters most."
“When Dr. Taylor met with the girls at Burke, he talked a lot about frustration, anxiety, and fear in ski racing. He explained to us the importance of positive self-talk and confidence in skiing, and gave really relevant examples of skiers who, just by being more confident, relaxed, and positive, have been able to take their ski racing to the next level. Every time he introduced a new idea he asked us how we felt about it or if we had experience with it, so it gave us an opportunity to make it personal and interact with him.” Internationally ranked FIS racer
3 Training Goals You Want to Achieve:
Total focus on what you're working on to improve.
Intense effort in everything you do in your training.
Consistency from the start to finish of every training run and every training session.
“We wanted to bring in an expert on Sport Psychology because we saw it as an opportunity to augment our already strong athletic programming. Jim was a natural fit because of his years of working with the unique challenges alpine ski racers face, in addition to being a former internationally ranked racer himself. The response from our coaches, parents and athletes has been nothing short of amazing. We couldn’t be happier!” Eric Harlow, alpine director, Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy
- Five pre-recorded online classes.
- Prime Ski Training 202 workbook with summary notes and exercises
- Race imagery audio files
- Lifetime access to private Prime Ski Racing Facebook page.
- BONUS: Full-length e-book copy of Prime Ski Racing: Triumph of the Racer’s Mind.
- BONUS: Prime Ski Racing iPhone app.
How Prime Ski Training 202 Works
The course allows you to attend classes on-demand and at your own pace (though weekly is recommended to give you time to process the material). The pre-recorded classes have video, voice, and powerpoint slides. Attendees will be able to log into the Prime Ski Training 202 members-only page where each class can be viewed. The members-only page will also provide the downloadable Prime Ski Training 202 workbook that includes summary notes and exercises for each class. Attendees will be able to ask questions and share experiences on the private Taylor-Prime Ski Racing Facebook page.
What Prime Ski Training 202 Costs?
If we worked together 1:1 for 5 weeks, it would cost you $2260. But with my this course, you can gain many of the same benefits for only $297.
On-Demand & Self-Paced
Team discounts available and coaches attend for FREE when at least 15 athletes enroll!
Note: This course is one of a six-part series exploring the essential role of the mind in ski racing success for athletes, coaches, and parents.
- Prime Ski Racing 101: Train Your Mind like a Champion (live!)
- Prime Ski Training 202: Total Preparation for Maximum Performance (live!)
- Prime Ski Racing Mind 303: Developing Championship Attitudes (coming in 2018)
- Prime Ski Racing Tips 606: Secrets of Success from the World Cup (coming in 2019)
- Prime Ski Coaching 404: Psychology of Training Champion Athletes (live!)
- Prime Sport Parenting 505: Raising Successful and Happy Athletes (live!)
Have questions or want to learn more? Email or call (415.322.8425).
Prime Ski Training 202 Guarantee
I’m so confident that, if you follow my Prime Ski Training 202 online course, you will be 100% satisfied, I’m willing to guarantee it. If you don’t see a change in how you think, feel, train, and race after completing the course, you may participate in Prime Ski Racing 101 and Prime Ski Training 202 again at no cost until you see the results you want.
Returns and Refunds Policy
Disclaimer: The appearance of the racers on this web page does not indicate a professional relationship with or endorsement of Dr. Jim Taylor.